- This event has passed.
Free Workshop: Local Search Marketing – Getting visitors to your website is good … Getting them to your business is better!
September 24 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
If your business is looking for local customers – it is vital that your business is found online locally.
Most of the searches online are done using mobile phones or tablets – Today, search engines show the most relevant local results.
Join Cumbria Growth Hub with funding from Cumbria Growth Catalyst to find out why some businesses appear higher than others locally and what you can do to make yourself stand out in local online presence, 10am to 1pm, Tuesday 24th September, Cumbria Growth Hub, 3rd Floor, 16-20 Lowther Street, Carlisle.
Often called “Local search marketing” it is anything you do on the web to promote a physical business that makes face-to-face contact with its customers. 4 in 5 of all searches through Google are local in nature. Local Search Marketing is the solution to use to make sure your business is found by people looking for your local business.
What we cover in the session
- Google My Business, formerly known as Google Places, displays your business’s information on the Google Local Information Pack, Google’s Search Engine, Google Maps, Google Street View.
- This workshop will help you to claim, manage and enhance your online Google My Business listing and improve your digital visibility locally.
- We’ll also look at Bing (Microsoft), Apple and others.
- You will be able to take control of your business listing and populate it with the right information to increase your chances of being seen, shooting up local rankings and being found through desktop, mobile and tablet searches.
- We’ll also look at the different online mapping/information systems in use and how the data they display is generated.
What you will learn:
- Introduction to Google My Business – and some cool features that it offers businesses.
- Know what business information is required.
- Create content for a good user experience.
- Manage the online reputation of your business.
- Adding your business to other online local search engines – and which ones matter!
- The different online mapping platforms and how to get your business added.
Chris Jones from 360 New Media is a Local Search Marketing practitioner. He’s a Google My Business Trusted Verifier, Google Street View Trusted and provides Local Search Marketing services to industry name clients.
To confirm your eligibility and book a place on either of these workshops, or if you have any questions, please email Catherynn@cumbriachamber.co.uk.
Please note places are limited so book early in order to avoid disappointment.